A part washer is a mechanical device used in nearly every industry to clean parts and other mechanical components quickly and effectively. However all parts washers are not the same and they have evolved over the years to meet the changing and specific needs of users.
These cleaning systems are available in various sizes, load capacities, specifications and levels of cleanliness, and with several other options. Therefore, selecting the right model that best integrates into your current work flow is crucial so that you will get the expected end result. This post discusses a few tips that help you buy the right system suitable for your job and business.
Points to Consider When Selecting a Parts Washer
There is rarely a one size fits all; consequently selecting the right parts washer often becomes a daunting task for many buyers. The following selection tips for parts washers will be helpful before blindly choosing a system.
- Decide between Manual, Ultrasonic and Automated Parts Washers: Industrial parts washers are broadly classified as manual, ultrasonic and automated. Each category offers several models in various specifications. For instance, manual systems come either as simple units or with advanced features such as directed stream, bioremediation and cleaning fluid with movement.
On the other hand, automated machines are available with Total Immersion Cleaning System that guarantee more detailed cleaning. Consider buying a manual system if your requirement calls for low volume cleaning of smaller items. Invest in an automated model to deal with hard-to-remove contaminants. Accordingly, choosing the right category after analyzing your requirements is critical to achieve optimum efficiency.
- Fluid Type: Your parts washer won’t reach its optimum cleaning ability until you choose the right cleaning solution. Cleaning solutions are available in various types, like petroleum-based solvents and, aqueous solutions. Select the appropriate fluid that is compatible with the style you own. For instance, if you are from a repair and maintenance industry, then choosing a solvent based fluid will be ideal. On the other hand, consider aqueous solution when you deal with fewer incidents of contamination.
In addition to the major considerations aforementioned, it is advisable to ask several questions to the manufacturer to find the right one that best meets your need. Asking questions always helps to narrowing down your options from various models. The following are the possible questions you can shoot before making a purchase.
- What contaminants will the specific model be removing?
- How fast does the model operate?
- Is it safe?
- What is the power source?
- What types of materials are compatible with this model?
- Will the model fit my floor space?
- What are the methods the system implements to assure part cleanliness?
- How many parts per minute or hour the model cleans?
- What is the average volume of parts handled by the machine on a daily basis?
- Can I use it to clean extremely small or large machine parts?
Ask as many questions as you can until you are clear regarding the machine that you would like to purchase. If you still can’t find the right machine for your unique needs, then you need an expert like HPI Processes who can give you more selection tips for parts washers to suit your business. HPI Processes, Inc. provides CUDA automatic parts washers including CUDA front load and top load parts washers.